Wednesday, February 19, 2025



Working on an animatic.

FUN FACT:

The GoldBox Show pilot was DC's "experiment" with cel animation, and (having inked and painted on my own) I practically insisted on it. Digital color is a lot dead-inside than painting cels.

My big disappointment was that because this was DC's first stab at cel color, I was forced to look online use the existing cel color palette. Cel should allow thousands of color choices, but I only had two white/gray-ness white flesh tones to choose from and neither seemed pale enough for Danielle. That's why Danielle's color (and a number of other colors) changed after the pilot.

The "David Cartoons" intro image and the title cards were all digital. Our BGs/Animation were all painted old-school. Our animation was scanned in and colored digitally. I guess it was sort of a hybrid production.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

TGS Pilot Due-dates

  ...but due dates have finally arrived! Summer weekend = early update. WOO-HOO! So. I know some of you have seen these already due to the q...